- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”) but also your individual contributions to the Community; If you are located in California personal data also includes any information relating to a specific household.
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
Please see this list to understand which cookies we are storing:
All cookies used are technically necessary cookies which are necessary for providing the community.
|SESS[Unique ID]||This cookie allows logging in and remembering which contact forms you have submitted. This cookie is essential for site functionality and the user experience.||Length of session||Functional cookie|
|SPL[[Unique ID]]||Cookie for „persistent login“ – This cookie is only used when you select “Stay logged in” when logging in||1 year||Functional cookie|
|PHPSESSID||This cookie contains a random sequence of letters and numbers to identify the visitor and prevent attacks from third parties.||Length of session||Functional cookie|
|YII_CSRF_TOKEN||This cookie is set upon login to the system and contains a random sequence of letters and numbers to identify the user to the survey system.||1 year||Functional cookie|
|LS_[[Survey ID]]_STATUS||This cookie prevents multiple completion of a questionnaire in one browser.||1 year||Functional cookie|
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the order form.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Information exchange between Kantar and a recruitment provider
You may have found out about us through a recruitment service provider (e.g. a panel of which you are a member). In this case the recruitment agency invited you to register on our community. Once you have registered in our community, the recruitment agency will be informed. The recruitment agency will also be informed about your participation status in order to ask you to participate in online survey activities if necessary.
The legal basis for the exchange of the personal data required for this purpose is the legitimate interest of our company in rewarding the recruitment agency depending on the number of successful registrations in our community and ensuring a sufficient quantity and quality of contributions for market research purposes, as well as your consent given to the recruitment agency.
Additionally, the data synchronisation is necessary to ensure the quality of recruitment and to prevent abuse (e.g. multiple registrations).
Your rights with respect to your personal data
- You can assert the following rights vis-à-vis us: right of access, right to rectification, right to erasure, (“right to be forgotten”), right to restriction of processing, right to data portability, Right to object.
- You also have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority on data protection. You can lodge your complaint both with the supervisory authority in the federal Land where you reside or work and with the supervisory authority competent for the controller in the respective federal Land.
- If you are located in California, you have furthermore the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights available to you under applicable data protection laws.
- If necessary, we will notify any other parties such as our service providers to whom we have transferred your personal data of any changes that we make when you make a request.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The vouchers will be processed through Kantar's service provider, Airpoints Inc. D.B.A. Perks, to whom we will forward the e-mail addresses of the research participants, who completed every part of the given activity. In this case the data will be processed in the USA, i.e. outside the European Union or the European Economic Area. Kantar has signed a so-called EU standard contract clause with the service provider, thereby ensuring the same level of data protection outside of the EU.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
You can contact the data protection officer of Kantar GmbH regarding all questions of data protection at:
Landsberger Str. 284
When you make a request you should indicate the divison of Kantar in which you are making the request (and, for example, your panelist ID or other identifier). If you contact us using an email address or contact details for which we do not hold a record of, you will also need to provide a copy of a valid government issued or official identification (such as drivers license or passport).
If you have any questions concerning the community, please do not hesitate to contact the team at email@example.com.
Notification of Material Changes
Date created: 10/08/2019
Current version: 08/31/2020
Last revised: 03/08/2021